Prolong Your Dog's Life
East Hartford Animal Clinic provides a full range of preventive care services to help your dog live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). We then customize our recommendations based on your dog's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Annual preventive care for dogs typically includes:
- At least one annual Physical Examination at which time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions.
During the exam our doctors will perform a:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Temperature Reading
- Abdominal Palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Vaccines based on your dog's lifestyle and/or breed. Core vaccines include Rabies, Distemper and Leptospirosis. Our veterinarians may also recommend additional vaccines such as Lyme, Bordetella (Kennel Cough) and Canine Influenza.
- Parasite Control Products to control parasites such as heartworms, intestinal parasites (such as roundworms), fleas and ticks. Controlling these parasites helps protect your dog and your family members from easily transmitted parasites.
- Diagnostic Testing to confirm the absence of heartworms or other internal parasites and early disease screening tests to help identify any internal issues which cannot be detected during a thorough physical exam.
- Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping that will benefit your dog's overall health and wellbeing and advise you on any questions you might have regarding your dog's health.
We believe it is important for every pet to have a physical examination at least once per year. So here's an incentive to get your pets in to the veterinarian for their yearly check-up: Free vaccinations for the life of your dog!
- There is a one-time, non-refundable enrollment fee to start the program.
- The fee is $89.00 per pet.
- Each enrollment fee will cover one pet. You may enroll as many pets as you like, but the program is not transferable to any other animals or client. Nor will it be honored by any other animal hospitals.
So…what’s the catch??
Simply return once per year for your pet’s annual physical examination by our veterinarian, and any vaccinations for which he or she is due will be given absolutely free of charge! You will be responsible for the annual physical examination fee at that time.
Vaccines that are covered by the program:
Canine vaccines: DHLPP, DHPP, Leptospirosis, Bordetella, and Rabies
Feline vaccines: FVRCP, Feline Leukemia, and Rabies
*Vaccinations can cost anywhere between $20 and $40 (and possibly more at other hospitals), so you will be saving significantly over the life of your pet by enrolling your pets in this program!
What else do I need to know?
There will be a 30 day grace period following the due date for that physical examination. The program will be considered null and void after 30 days following the date that the annual exam is due. At that time, you may either re-enroll the pet in the program, or resume paying for the vaccines at the time they are given.
The program covers only the fee for dog and cat vaccines, and only those vaccines listed above. Any special-order vaccines, such as Lyme and the Influenza vaccination are not included. Fees for all other services including: heartworm testing, intestinal parasite testing, leukemia/FIV testing, physical examinations, medications and/or other treatments are not covered and will need to be paid at the time of service.